These tasty squares are great for a potluck or party. Just be sure to have napkins handy, as your guests will have greasy fingers.
Saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is soft and translucent. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat.
Beat eggs, then add remaining ingredients (including onions and garlic) in a large bowl. Pour into 8x8 baking dish. Optionally sprinkle top with cayenne pepper for a little extra kick.
Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely, then cut into squares.
- 2-3 bunches green onion, chopped
- 2-3 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- (2) 4 oz. cans diced green chilies, drained
- (2) 2 1/4 oz. cans sliced olives, drained
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 dash tobasco (or other hot sauce)
- 3 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley
- Cayenne pepper (optional)